Friday, September 02, 2011

Scheduling and Time Off!

We have done school "lite" the past two weeks.  School Lite consists of math, reading, and pursuing your own interests.  We have taken field trips, planned for next year, cleaned the house, cleaned our rooms, and helped dad clean up the outside of our house.  There is something about taking time off when the rest of the world is beginning their school year that feels so fun!
We have a schedule of 6 weeks on and 1 week off throughout the year.  For us it works well.  We occasionally take longer breaks like right now and around Christmas. 
I have also completed my new daily schedule.  I am pretty excited about it.  I am trying some new things.  I am going to start with schooling my little kids first.  I tend to run out of energy otherwise.  I have independent activities for my readers.  I am also assigning some of my older ones to help my younger ones more formally.  They seem to enjoy it, and it helps out day run smoother.
I will keep you updated on how it is going. Below is a picture of my new chart.  I must say it is bringing me lots of joy!
Have a good Labor Day weekend!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment