Friday, March 01, 2019

Homeschool Planet (repost)

When two of my friends who quite honestly are vastly different told me that they used Homeschool Planet I thought that was interesting.  I should have stopped right at the moment and realized that this was something I needed to take notice of.  Instead, I foolishly delayed looking into it.

But luckily, I am no longer foolish.  This spring I took the plunge and did a free trial of Homschool Planet.   Within 3 days I purchased a year subscription which they added on to my 30 day trial.  It changed my life. Truly!

The Homeschool Planet is an online planning, calendar, and scheduler.  It is a way for you to post the lessons that your students need to complete AND more importantly at my house, know whether people have actually completed them!

I love this!  I pull up my view and say things like. . . Why is math not completed?  I am confused as to why you have not done that for two days?  Hmm, it looks like you will be doing math on Saturday.   I also say things like, WOW!  You completed all your work today. Look at how close we are to the end!  I am so proud of you!

The other part that has been powerful for my students is that it has the feature of moving all the assignments forward.  My students began to understand that not doing something adds it on to the end of the year.  It was a good visual reminder.

You can also add music practice, track grades, put your vacations in, send your students an email with their assignments, and much more.


So this would be a great time to try a free trial.   

Try the World’s Best Homeschool Planner for FREE!









2 comments:

  1. Do your kids have devices of their own that they check things off on, or is it on one device for the family and you've gotten them into the routine of checking things off? Or do you do the checking off for your younger ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids check off from their emails. The older two have laptops. . the middle one has access to a computer in our home. . the younger ones I check off. I sit down and try to do this every day, but even every other day is helpful. The biggest thing for me is it keeps us all accountable. Both Kerry and Amy use this. :-) That really should say it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete