Saturday, April 25, 2015

Leo Lionni: Author for May

http://www.aiga.org/medalist-leolionni/
I was excited to end the year with Leo Lionni!  I have such great memories of his books from my childhood.  I thoroughly enjoyed researching him.  This fascinating article on his life from AIGA, a magazine for designers, showed the breadth and depth of his career.  I loved this Random House site that also included videos where Mr. Lionni describes why he writes about animals, how he makes a mouse, and about his childhood.  A very fun way to learn about his books.  I also set up a Pinterest board filled with activities.
But the find of the day was this awesome packet by the Castellani Art Museum at Niagara University, New York. It was created by teachers and includes original art work.  It is worth checking out.   
So welcome May and read some wonderful books by Leo Lionni.  Make a mouse, make a frog, or talk about the inch worm.  
~ Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment