Sunday, August 10, 2014

Authors of the Month for 2014-2015

We had so much fun last year with our authors of the month, I decided to do it again with 9 new authors.  I am looking forward to expanding our authors this year, and hopefully learning about some new titles. 

The intended audience of the books is PK-3rd, but my older kids love to revisit their favorites. I am going to gather the books from my personal collection and ask my local librarian to help me gather more by that author.  I am going to put them in a special tub/bin and keep them available for the month.  My hope is that by having them all gathered, I will be able to grab and read them.  I feel like personally I need to be more intentional about reading good literature to my kids.  When I ask them to grab a book we tend to read some less quality titles.  I am also hoping the older kids will read these to the younger ones as well.  

I will try to post these at the end of the previous month.  Hopefully you can join me on my journey. These are the authors I am planning on for this school year.  But, they are subject to change. I am choosing easy to find authors who have published many books. 


So here is the new list of authors for 2014-2015

September-H. A. Rey
October- Pat Hutchins
November- Cynthia Rylant
December-Chris Van Allsburg
January-Robert Munsch
February-  Kevin Henkes
March- Eve Bunting
April- Mem Fox
May- Leo Lionni




 

No comments:

Post a Comment