Thursday, October 10, 2024

Home is Right Where You Are :Inspired by Psalm 23 by Ruth Chou Simons




 Home is Right Where You Are: Inspired by Psalm 23 written and illustrated by Ruth Chou Simons is one of the most beautiful picture books I have seen and read in a very long time. In the book you follow a child as the parent presents the paraphrased words of Psalm 23 to encourage and uplift a child.  The text and words are stunning!

I have reread the story about five times in the last week.  The words are very comforting and speak deeply to the heart of children and adults.  The watercolor pictures are stunning, peaceful and enhance the wonderful text.  I made my 12 years sit through the book because I wanted him to know the words from the story. 


I would recommend this ideally for children ages 4-8 years old.  To me this a book you would buy for each of your children that they would take with them into adulthood.  My thought is that both the parent and child would treasure the memories of reading this together. 

It would be lovely gift for a child’s a birthday, new baby’s arrival, baby shower or Christmas.  I highly recommend Home is Right Where You Are written and illustrated by RuthChou Simons.  This will be a highlight for me for 2024. 

I was given a copy by the publisher and not required to write a positive review. 

Before I was a published author, I started a creative business called GraceLaced, and before it was a full-fledged company, it was a blog I spent 6 years writing on. In the years before the blog, I was just tinkering with creative projects after the kids went to bed. 

And before I was creating in the margins, I was an unlikely new boy mom learning how to balance public ministry with my pastor + headmaster husband Troy (still my man, but no longer in these roles).

Further back, before I was a newlywed, I was an art major with big and impossible dreams… and even before I became an art major, I was a biochemistry major, secretly delighting in writing and creating. 

God weaves every part of our wanted and unwanted seasons into the fabric of the Story he writes for us! So, here’s to not skippin a paragraph or jumping to the end. He’s the Author of full-circle and he completes every story he writes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment