Friday, April 14, 2017

School Inc. Something to watch...

When I was in high school I had a wonderful friend who sat by me in all of my science classes.  She was automatically my lab partner due to our last names.  I was very very lucky, because she was a great lab partner and super smart.  I was able to reconnect with her on Facebook a few years ago.  She shared that she and her husband Andrew Coulson had produced an amazing series called School Inc.  I have watched the series and greatly enjoyed it.  The show talks about the history of school in the US, investigates why education doesn't use innovations to grow like a successful business, and travels to explore education around the world.
 
School Inc. has been on PBS and the episodes can be streamed through May 1, 2017.   I am posting them here in case you would enjoy watching them.  I found them helpful in understanding how schools were formed and the reasoning behind that.  Andrew Coulson has a wonderful way of presenting material and had a neat sense of humor.  Unfortunately, Andrew Coulson passed away last February after battling brain cancer.

I hope you watch the show.  Let me know what you think about it if you do.


Episode 1   The Price of Excellence

Episode 2  Push or Pull

Episode 3  Forces and Choices  (This episode talks about science and religion) 





No comments:

Post a Comment