Sunday, November 24, 2013

December Author: Jan Brett



I love Jan Brett.  Her illustrations and stories are truly a delight.  She writes a variety of books with some of the most beuatiful pictures.  She is an interesting person who loves to travel, which is evident in her books.  Here is an article in The Country Life that shares about her love of chickens, which are featured in her newest book, Cinders: A Chicken Cinderella. 

 Her web page is an incredible source of coloring pages, videos, and activities.  She has activities and coloring pages to go with all the books she has written.   I think it is truly one of the best author web pages that I have seen.  There are many activities there to give you some variety while still practicing skill this December.  You can practice cursive or manuscript letters, make a place mat, or make some fabulous Christmas gifts.


I have set up another Pinterest Board with some activities I have found around the web. My favorite is this gingerbread paperbag house.  The post includes a free printable, and links to over 50 other Jan Brett activities. 

My favorite Jan Brett Books. 


The Mitten



The Twelve Days of Christmas
The Twelve Days of Christmas. 

Cinders a Chicken Cinderalla
Cinders
  Enjoy Jan Brett this month.  She is truly gifted.  If you have any ideas to use with her books, please put them in the comments below.
~ Becky


2 comments:

  1. Here's what we did with The Mitten about a year ago (and will probably pull out again this year, if I can find the materials!): http://workbepraise.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-mitten.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Christy! I love what you did! ~Becky

    ReplyDelete