Monday, September 03, 2012

Math About the House. . . Math Fact Mastery

I have shared before that I do not like doing math facts with kids.   But, I know  they are really important for a child to master to be able to move quickly through more advanced math.  I wanted to share a few ways we conquer this at my house.

We  love the Flashmaster.  The Flashmaster is a hand held computer that drills your student in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts.  My son loves it.  If you have a child who has trouble getting the facts to stick, this is a great option for daily review.  The Flashmaster has several settings to review your math facts.  If you would like more information the web site does a nice job explaining how it works.  The advantage of the Flashmaster is you can take it with you, and  would be a great item to have in a waiting room.   It is pricey, but I think it is worth the money.  I am guessing  you could probably resell when you are finished.
Flash Master
Another program we used was called Quarter Mile Math.  It is also available at the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op.    We enjoyed this program as well.  They have a free down loadable demo.


No comments:

Post a Comment