Monday, October 17, 2011

Go play in the leaves!

This is one of my favorite times of the year to be homeschooling.  There is something incredibly fun about going outside on a weekday with your kids, and knowing that kids who happen to be in school can not do that. You get to do what so few are able to do. 

I still remember the first year we homeschooled.  I felt so free.  I was great to have the time with my kids doing something simple.  I treasure those pictures and the memories.

It is easy at this time of year to worry about not getting enough done, are you covering everything you should be covering, and wondering if you are doing all you could be doing.  I recommend you leave those worries inside, and remember that one of the reasons you homeschool is to be with your kids.  Do not let this season slip away.  It will be gone before you know it. 

So my recommendation is to pick up your camera and take everyone outside to play in the leaves.  You won't regret it.

Becky

4 comments:

  1. We don't have leaves to play in here in Florida but a fellow homeschool mom took her kids to the park to do their lessons. I thought how brilliant! Thanks for the reminder to take time to enjoy them while they are still children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny. What a great idea to do lessons in the park. It is easy to get caught up in everything, but enjoying our kids. At least for me. :-) Enjoy the day.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids get delighted when they are taken outside during the school time.


    Sample Assessments

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree they do get excited. I forget that and have to stop and remember. Sometimes sometimes going outside will break up your day and change the mood.

    ReplyDelete