Sunday, November 08, 2015

Veteran's day has a special place in my heart.  My father by adoption is a veteran, and my birth father was killed in action serving his country.  It is wonderful to celebrate Veteran's day and here are a few resources to help you.

Children's Picture Book Cover Art of The Wall by Eve BuntingAn excellent book is The Wall by Eve Bunting.  There was a Reading Rainbow Special on the book.  I found it on Vimeo and I think it would be wonderful for your kids to watch.  In this episode they visit the War Memorial and the artist who designed it.  It is very moving. 

This is an excellent blog post that includes many printable resources for Veteran's day.  Here is a map with Veteran's Day Community Celebrations.  Lastly, this links to a museum that celebrates those who have won the National Medal of Honor.  It is wonderful to read the various stories of heroism. 

Happy Veteran's Day! 
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment