Saturday, June 07, 2014

Review: Four Weddings & a Kiss by Margaret Brownley, Debra Clopton, Mary Connealy, and Robin Lee Hatcher

It's summer! One of the things I love to do in summer is catch up on my fiction reading. I would love to tell you I relax in the shade near the pool, a book in one hand, an exotic drink in the other.  My pool experience is more reflective of finding myself checking my watch to see how much longer I have to chase my two-year-old around the shallow end.  I do try to get in some fun reading at other times of the day. 

I was thrilled to pick up Four Weddings & a Kiss to review.  Margaret Brownley, Debra Clopton, Mary Connealy, and Robin Lee Hatcher are four of my favorite historical authors.  The books opens on five pastors sitting around a campfire after a revival.  Four of the pastors are giving advice to the fifth about love.  That's one fireside chat you wouldn't want to miss.  They begin telling of couples where each pair appeared to be opposites, but each end up working well together. 

I loved this book.  The opening scene in the first story is like something out of an Indiana Jones movie. All of the stories take place out west in the 1800's and filled with adventure, romance, and a taste of living during that time.   Each story has characters I could root for and I was thrilled when they got together in the end.  In my hectic life I am a fan of shorter stories.  This was the perfect way to start June.  I can highly recommend this as an enjoyable summer read.\

This book was provided for this review by Booklook.

No comments:

Post a Comment