Sunday, February 09, 2014

Marcia Schonberg: Wonderful Ohio books

I was looking at books in my favorite resale shop, and I came across The Ohio Reader by Marcia Schonberg.  Ms. Schonberg has also written B is for Buckeye: An Ohio Alphabet Book, and Cardinal Numbers: An Ohio Counting Book. 

I love using this book to teach Ohio History.  It is a great book with nice pictures and short stories about Ohio.  There is poetry, biographies, timelines, and facts about Ohio.  If you check out all three they would be a great read for kids 6-12 years old.  

I enjoy learning about Ohio, and must admit that finding books about Ohio has become a past time.  Ms. Scholnberg's books are a wonderful way to incorporate Ohio history and facts into your home education curriculum. 



~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment