I came across the book You Can Do It Too! 25 Homeschool Families Share Their Stories and I was absolutely intrigued by the title. I wrote the editor Lorilee Lippincott and asked for a title to review and share here. She also has graciously agreed to give-away 3 copies to Ohio Homeschool Readers. See the bottom of this post for the Raffle-Copter Give-Away!
The book exceeded my expectations. It is filled with stories of many different families including big families, small families, families on bikes, unschooling families, families who follow a classical model, families who homeschool preschoolers, high school students, and everyone in between.
I am hoping this will be a book that will help others see that homeschooling can be a great option for their family. The book states: “We are not going to tell you what is best for you or your kids because we don’t know you or your options. The goal of this book is to let you see the nuts and bolts of what homeschool is and make sure you know it is an option for you.” I love this sentiment.
The editor asks each family a variety of questions that help you get to know them better. Everything from "Why did you decide to Homeschool?" and "What does your typical day look like?" to "What animal does your child remind you of and why?" There is truly something for everyone in this book.
I found myself renewed from reading the book as a seasoned home educator. The book reminded me that everyone does not always have great days homeschooling, but it is important to remember daily why you have chosen to home educate. I enjoyed seeing the variety of ways families home educate. I am incorporating some of their ideas into our family.
Click here to view more detail The bookcomes comes in PDF or Kindle format. From May through August the book is $4.99. See the bottom of this post to enter for a chance to win a copy!
|Click here to view more details|
Here is a list of the families included in the book in the order they appear.
- Kristen – The Frugal Girl
- Lee Binz – The HomeScholar
- Nancy Sathre-Vogel – Family on Bikes
- Natalie Klejwa – Visionary Womanhood
- Carlie Kercheval – So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler
- Lorilee Lippincott – Loving Simple Living
- Elizabeth Schmidtberger – The Hesitant Housewife
- Jill Britz – Tiny and Small
- Stephanie Langford – Keeper of the Home
- Heidi Scovel – Mt. Hope Chronicles
- Heather Sanders – OMSH
- Wendy Hilton – Homeschooling Blessings and Hip Homeschool Moms
- Teri Helms – TommyMom
- Tabitha Philen (Penny) – Meet Penny
- Bambi Moore – In the Nursery of the Nation
- Marcy Crabtree – Ben & Me
- Carisa Hinson – 1+1+1=1
- Joy Miller – Five J’s
- Megan Spires – House of the Rising Sons
- Toni Anderson – The Happy Housewife
- Mandi Ehman – Life. Your Way
- Danielle Zigmont – Organizational Hysteria
- Kerry Beck – How To Homeschool My Child
- Nicole – By Word of Mouth Musings
- Kelly – Generation Cedar
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post contains an affiliate link.