Sunday, September 29, 2013

Some fun things I learned about this summer. . .

The great part about reviewing portfolios is that I am exposed to so many wonderful ideas!  I learn something every summer as I review students' work from across the state of Ohio. They have amazing people supporting them as they learn at home.  I wanted to share a few things I picked up this summer.

I am absolutely crazy about this Twist 'n Write pencil.  It works on improving a child's pencil grip. 
It has helped out daughter tremendously with her handwriting.  Definitely worth the money. 

I enjoyed exploring the Knowledge Quest web site.  Some interesting history and geography curriculum.  They also have Apps for your iPad.

I had not heard of ScootPad before.  It is an interesting way to review materials in all subjects. It comes as an App and a download for Windows.    There is a free and paid version. There are some nice printable reports that make great work samples. 

Lastly, this is my new favorite resource for high school.  This is a blog post with over 12 Dozen Places to Educate Yourself Online for Free.   This is an excellent resource with many courses you could use to create a class for your high school student.

Have a great week.
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment