Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I became a mother on Mother's Day so it always holds a special place in my heart.   I remember when I held my son for the first time in a hotel room on an island in the middle of the ocean.  It was a moment that I will always hold in my heart. 

As we approach the end of the home school year, I know many of us are weary.   We have maybe not gotten done as much as we would like, probably are not very cheery, and our children are probably not always doing exactly what we had hoped.

But, today I hope that you go back and remember the first moment you held your child.  Whether in a hospital room, on an island, a hotel room, or in a lawyers office that moment when you become a parent.    When you knew your whole world was changing, and you were so thankful to hold your child.  

Today I am going to enjoy handmade cards, tiny fists with flowers, and foods that I like. Because truly it is a privledge to be a mom.

~ Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment