Friday, April 20, 2018

Repost: Curricullum: Math



I have written extensively about the math curriculum(s) that I use.  I will link those to this post so they are all in one place. If you click on the name of the math program it will take you to the post I have written about that program.

I use ADD (Arithmetic Developed  Daily) to start off math with each child.  It reviews all math skills throughout the year and has daily word problem practice. 

I love my son taking AOPS (The Art Of Problem Solving.)  He continues to enjoy these classes.

My daughter continues to use Teaching Textbooks and really enjoys this program.  She is not a "mathy" person and this works well for her.

This year I have added Singapore Math to the mix.   I really, really like this program.  They have pre-tests to determine the level you should start with.  I highly recommend taking the pre-tests so you will have a successful experience with your child.

My child who is on the Autism Spectrum uses Math U See.   He really likes it and works with a tutor on this program.  It is not my favorite, but it is a good fit for him.

Have a good week,
Becky

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear a little more about what you like or don't like each program. I just started looking into Math U See, so your opinion on that curriculum would be especially helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you click on the name of the math program it will take you to the post I have written about that program. Hope that helps. Thanks for commenting.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete