Friday, March 24, 2017

Fun Book/Author Sites to Check Out!

There is still time through Monday 27th at 11:59 pm to enter the contest to win one of  TWO $25 Amazon cards.

I posted this a few years ago .. . but updated and added a few things.

In our house my kids go through a phase where they have a favorite author, series, or type of book. A very fun activity is to check out an author's web site.  I thought I would share some of our current favorite books and sites.



Fancy Nancy!  My daughter is crazy about Fancy Nancy and all her fancy ways.  My youngest daughter yells bonjour every time she sees a butterfly like Fancy Nancy.  She has a wonderful web site with places for kids, educators and parents.  I would check out all three for fun printables, games, and other activities.

The other current favorite at our house is Jan Brett.  She has an absolutely amazing web site.   There are literally thousands of printables, games, and how-to-draw videos.  Her beautiful drawings are reflected all over her site.  A wonderful place to visit.

I remember the first time I saw Tommie dePaola at a teacher reading conference I remember thinking he was very hip.  So it came as no surprise to me that Tommie dePaola has a engaging web site.  His story is great to read to encourage children to be artists.

I love Eric Carle. I checked out his web site as well.  He too as fun things to color and information on how to reproduce his art work.

Lastly, here is a link to the Akron public Library's blog that shares Children's Authors web site.  A nice compilation.

Would love to hear about your favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment