January is a great time of year to start preparing for an end of the year assessment. You will appreciate anything you get done now in May. Some simple things you can do.
1. Try finding samples and putting them in a file folder.
2. Write down some accomplishments your student has made. (put in above folder. )
3. Take some pictures of projects your student has accomplished so far.
4. Have your student do a writing sample and copy it. Maybe copy a thank you note, or a list they have made, or maybe a story they have written.
5. Download the forms you need here and begin saving samples.
Celebrate how far you have come this year!
All the best,